After reading the code of ethics for the National Association for the Education of Young Children and The Division for Early Childhood, I Found three codes which are meaningful to me.:
I-1.3—To recognize and respect the unique qualities, abilities, and potential of each child (NAEYC, 2005).
I-1.10—To ensure that each child’s culture, language,ethnicity, and family structure are recognized and valued in the program (NAEYC, 2005).
I-4.6—To promote knowledge and understanding of
young children and their needs. To work toward
greater societal acknowledgment of children’s rights
and greater social acceptance of responsibility for the
well-being of all children. (NAEYC, 2005).
These codes focus on respecting the unique qualities of each child. Every child is different and comes from diverse cultural backgrounds. Taking into consideration each child and the unique cultures they come from allows the child to feel included in the class.
NAEYC. (2005). Code of ethical conduct and statement of commitment. Retreived February 22, 2020. from https://class.content.laureate.net/f22c2d62cbbee7b74d4fee1963c5e692.pdf
Hi Jae,
ReplyDeleteThe selection of your codes reflects that you are more focused on enhancing the abilities of children coming from various backgrounds. We all know that children are gifted and blessed with so many skills; it is the teacher who foresees the hidden caliber of their students and polishes their skills.
I like your selection of codes. They speak of the right of children by recognizing their unique qualities and abilities. They also speak of recognizing and respecting each child's culture, language, ethnicity, and family structure. Great code!
ReplyDeleteHi Johnisha,
ReplyDeleteEach time when I read your discussion and go to your blog, I find some new information regarding the topic of the week. I appreciate your passion for children, and especially for those who are underprivileged. You are constant support and hope for them. It seems that you are very attached to your family.
I hereby offer my 'Thank you' for your contribution to discussion and blog and for your feedback on my discussion. Will you be in the next course?